Strawberry Roll Cake
How to make the strawberry shortcake recipe?
add the noteprint recipe
- Preparation of the cake In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with a mixer until they turn white.
- Then add the flour, vanilla, baking powder and starch while sifting, add 3 tablespoons of hot water and beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Spread the cake well on a mold lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- After it’s baked, immediately remove it from the oven and wrap it several times with parchment paper. Soak 2-3 tablespoons in warm milk.
- Preparation of pastry cream. Beat all the ingredients except the butter and vanilla with a whisk, put them on the stove and bring them to a boil while stirring.
- When it starts to boil, add the vanilla and butter and keep stirring until melted.
- After 1-2 minutes, remove from heat, add the white chocolate, and stir until melted.
- After the cream is hot, cover it with plastic wrap, make a few holes with a toothpick, and leave it in the refrigerator to cool.
- After 1-2 hours, remove from the refrigerator and add the liquid cream or powdered cream to mount and beat with the mixer for about 5-6 minutes until a homogeneous texture is achieved.
- Preparation of the top coat. I spread a thin layer of the inner cream and used melted chocolate on top.
- I did not use the external cream. If you want to try a stronger cream, mix all the ingredients of the outer cream that I gave you with a mixer, wait for it to cool in the refrigerator, and then spread it on your cake.
- You can also prepare whipped cream or pastry cream according to the recipe on the reverse and cover the cake.
- When the cake has cooled, spread the cream on it (if the cream is lumpy, beat it a little with the mixer to get a homogeneous consistency).
- Cut the strawberries into slices and place them on top of the cream and roll them up.
- Cover the outside of the cake well with the rest of the frosting.
- You can cover the top of the cake with the outer cream.
- Finally, melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie, spread it out on parchment paper, leave it in the fridge for 10 minutes and cover the cake with parchment paper.
- After waiting 1-2 hours with parchment paper, gently remove the parchment paper from the cake.
Enjoy your meal