Damascus dessert (Sambali)
How to make Damascus (Şambali) dessert recipe?
add the noteprint recipe
- First we prepare the mortar for our dessert.
- Add the water, sugar, semolina and bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon and beat with the mixer for 3-4 minutes.
- The purpose is to melt the sugar, you should not beat it too much so as not to lose the freshness of the semolina.
- We spread our tray with molasses and pour our sweet mortar into our 25×25 mold.
- Wrap it up and refrigerate.
- It should rest in the refrigerator for 10-12 hours.
- Then we prepare our sorbet, we put the water and sugar in our pot and when it boils we lower the heat and add the lemon juice and let it boil for 20 minutes.
- The syrup must be cooled.
- In the resting phase of the dessert, we can put the syrup in the refrigerator after it has cooled down.
- When the resting time for the dessert is over, mix the water and molasses in the amount indicated in the recipe and spread it over our dessert with a brush.
- In the way we want to cut, we cut it superficially without reaching the bottom of the disc, so that the marks of the slice can be seen.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°, and after 20 minutes, take out and slice our dessert until it reaches the bottom of the pan.
- Place the peanuts and put them back in the oven and bake them until they are nicely golden.
- My cook time is 50 minutes, cook control.
- After baking our dessert, when the first temperature rises, we pour our cold sorbet 2-3 minutes later and let it rest for 1 day, it will be tastier.